From Feb 12 – 14, we are encouraging NAIT students, staff and alumni to share the love!
Keep an eye out for this beautiful illustration on Facebook or Instagram. When you spot it, tag 2 people who you hope have a great week! Entries from Facebook and Instagram will be combined, with 2 people randomly selected from all entries to win an Ernest’s gift certificate. You may enter once on each platform.
Winners will be notified through the platform through which they entered. Good luck!
Share the Love FB and IG Contest
January 24, 2018
- SPONSOR: This Contest is conducted and sponsored by the Northern Alberta Institute of Technology (the “Sponsor”).
- CONTEST SUMMARY: Contest entries will be accepted between Feb 12 to Feb 14 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time (the “Entry Period”). There are two (2) Prizes available to be randomly won in this Contest, as described in paragraph 10. To enter, Eligible Entrants must tag two friends in the comments section of the post. Eligible Entrants shall be selected for the chance to win the Prize in accordance with paragraph 7 below. The Selected Eligible Entrants will win the Prizes as defined herein.
- ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible, an Entrant must be a NAIT student, staff or alumni. Immediate family members (defined as mother, father, brother, sisters, sons, daughters and husband or wife, regardless of where they reside) and people who reside within the households of NAIT executive, deans and directors, and staff in the departments of Marketing and Communications, as well as contest judges are excluded from this contest. Entrants must have tagged two friends in the comments section of the contest post on Facebook and/or Instagram. Only one entry per platform submitted by an individual in a single day will be counted, other multiple entries will be deemed ineligible. Anyone whose entry violates NAIT policies and guidelines, including NAIT’s Social Networking Best Practices Guideline (pdf), or whose entry contains objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, violence, pornography, or is malicious, discriminatory or threatening, will be disqualified. All decisions regarding eligibility to enter this Contest will be determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. This Contest is void where prohibited by law.
- NUMBER, APPROXIMATE VALUE OF PRIZES AND CHANCES OF WINNING: There are two (2) Prizes available to be won in this Contest. The Prize is described in paragraph 10 below. The chances of winning the Prizes will depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these rules during the Entry Period.
- CONTEST PERIOD: Contest entries will be accepted during the Entry Period from Feb 12 to Feb 14 at 11:59 p.m. Mountain Time. Entries must be received by the Sponsor during the Entry Period to be eligible to win a Prize.
- HOW TO ENTER: No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. To enter, Eligible Entrants must tag 2 friends in the comments of the contest post on Facebook and/or Instagram. There is a limit of one (1) Entry, per platform. Eligible Entrants can enter up to a total of two (2) times, one (1) Entry on each platform. Anyone whose entry violates NAIT policies and guidelines, including NAIT’s Social Networking Best Practices Guideline (pdf), or whose entry contains objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, violence, pornography, or is malicious, discriminatory or threatening, will be disqualified. No Entries will be accepted by any other means, including, but not limited to, email.
- DRAW DETAILS: Two (2) random winners will be chosen at the end of the contest. If necessary, if the Prize is unclaimed, or the Selected Entrant be unwilling, unable or ineligible to win a Prize as set out in these Official Rules, the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor shall have the right to select additional Winner(s).
All determinations of the Eligible Entrants and the Winners by the Sponsor are final and binding. No communication with Entrants will be entered into except with Selected Entrants, except as otherwise stated in paragraph 19 herein. All matters related to the Contest and the verification of the eligibility of the Entrants to be declared the Winners shall be conducted by the Sponsor, or by persons designated by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion. All decisions made by the Sponsor in this regard are final and binding and cannot be challenged.
- NOTIFICATION: The Sponsor will contact the winners through the platform in which they entered within one (1) day of their Entry being selected. If the Entrant does not contact the Sponsor by 4:30 p.m. Mountain Time on Feb. 16, 2018, the Prize will be forfeited and the Sponsor will select and contact a new Winner. Any Winners contacted after Feb. 22, 2018, as a result of being drawn to replace an original Winner, will have two (2) business days to contact the Sponsor to claim the Prize.
- DECLARATION OF WINNERS: A Selected Entrant will not be declared a Winner until:
(A) the Sponsor has determined that the Selected Entrant is an Eligible Entrant pursuant to these Official Rules; and
(B) the Selected Entrant has signed a Publicity Release.
- PRIZES: There will be two (2) prize – a $100 gift certificate from Ernest’s and a $50 gift certificate from Ernest’s.
The Prizes are not transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, except at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prizes of equivalent monetary value if it is unable to award the Prizes as described. The Sponsor will not be responsible, however, if factors beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control prevent the Prizes from being fulfilled. In any such event, the Winner will not be provided with substitute prizes or cash equivalent. The Prizes will only be granted to the verified Winners. Verified Winners shall be required to pick up their prizes from the location designated by the Sponsor.
- CONTEST MODIFICATION OR CANCELLATION: The Sponsor is not responsible for any printing, distribution, production or other errors which may occur in the course of the conduct of the Contest including, without limitation, any typographical, printing or other errors in the Official Rules or in or on any other materials relating to the Contest, and the Sponsor is not responsible for any errors or losses which may occur in respect to the Prize selection, or in respect to the receipt, transfer or storage of Entries. The Sponsor may rescind, cancel, amend or revoke the Contest, without liability, and in its sole discretion for any reason whatever. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Contest and/or the Official Rules, in whole or part and without notice, if the Sponsor determines, in its sole and absolute discretion, that fraud or technical or other failures have threatened or destroyed the integrity of the Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- PARTICIPATION: Participation in this Contest constitutes an agreement by each participant to comply with these Official Rules.
- DISQUALIFICATION: The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant or Selected Entrant it finds to be: (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating these Official Rules; or (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any website property or service. CAUTION: Any attempt by an Entrant or any other individual to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of Criminal or Civil laws.
If an Entrant or Selected Entrant is disqualified for any reason, another entry will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received as set out in these Official Rules. The Sponsor will contact those additional Selected Entrants through the platform in which they entered.
- RELEASE AND INDEMNIFICATION: By entering the Contest, each Entrant: (a) releases and holds harmless the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, suppliers, sponsors and agents from any and all liability for injuries, loss or damage of any kind to persons, including death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in this Contest, or participation in any Prize-related activity; and (b) agrees to fully indemnify the Sponsor and its directors, officers, employees, affiliates, suppliers, and agents from any and all claims on the part of any third party or parties related in any way and for any reason to the Contest or to the Prize including, without limitation, death, or personal or property damage or injury.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for incorrect, damaged, illegible, incomplete, mutilated, spoiled, destroyed, stolen, misplaced, lost, late, misdirected or incomplete Entries, notifications, responses, replies, or for any computer, online, telephone, hardware, software or technical malfunctions that may occur (including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an Entry). The Sponsor is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by website users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of Entries. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries. The Sponsor is not responsible for any problems, failures or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, providers, computer equipment, software, email, players, or browsers, on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet, at any website, or on account of any combination of the foregoing. The Sponsor is not responsible for any injury or damage to Entrants or to any computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading materials in this Contest. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By entering this Contest, each Entrant hereby grants to the Sponsor, without further compensation, the unrestricted rights to publish, in the collective or individual discretion of the Sponsor, the Entry and name of that Eligible Entrant for advertising and promotional purposes.
- LAWS: These are the official Contest rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations. These Contest rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws or the policy of any other entity having jurisdiction over the Sponsor.
- CONSTRUCTION: The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained in these Official Rules.
- PRIVACY: By entering the Contest, Entrant(s) agree to the Sponsor’s use of Entrant(s) personal information for the purpose of administering this Contest. The personal information is being collected under the mandate of the Post-Secondary Learning Act. The provisions of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act protect this personal information. If you have any questions about the collection or use of this information, please contact Liz Pittman at 780-471-8939.